Nottingham’s Workplace Parking Levy only applies to employers within the Nottingham City Council administrative boundary.
Employers with 10 or fewer liable parking places (excluding registered disabled Blue Badge Holders) will be entitled to a 100% discount and will not have to pay.
For more information on WPL visit the Nottingham City Council website.
Why have a Workplace Parking Levy?
The WPL generates funds which:
- provides grants to help stimulate change
- contributes to improving Nottingham’s transport system
- provides funding for NET Phase Two
- supports the redevelopment of Nottingham Railway Station
- supports the popular Link Bus network
- encourages greener transport choices
- provides employment
- contributes to making Nottingham a more attractive place to invest in
- enhances the local economy
All funds raised from Nottingham’s WPL is invested into improving local transport for Nottingham.
How can you minimise your liability?
By encouraging your employees to consider alternative transport choices, you can reduce the number car parking spaces and therefore your WPL charge.
There are grants available to help you with costs of providing infrastructure improvements and the Big Wheel Business Club is on hand to help you with all aspects of efficient travel planning.