Christmas comes to the city this week when the Christmas lights are switched on in Old Market Square.
On Wednesday 23rd November Nottingham’s Christmas spectacular the Christmas Wonderland will be opened with the switching on of the festive lights. Entertainment starts at 5.45pm, with the switch on taking place at about 6.20pm.
The city centre’s celebrations will join many other communities around the city who will be turning on their very own lights in the coming weeks. More details are below. These events are ideal to travel to on foot especially as most of them take place locally. To travel into town you can catch the tram (www.thetram.net) to Old Market Square or opt for one of a whole host of bus routes by using NCT, trentbarton or Premier.
- Aspley – Friday 25 November, 5.30pm at the junction of Melbourne Road and Aspley Lane
- Bilborough – Thursday 8 December, 7pm on Bracebridge Drive
- Bestwood - Thursday 1 December, 4pm - 6pm at Bestwood Park Church on Beckhampton Road
- Bulwell - Thursday 1 December, 3.30 – 4.30pm at Bulwell Market place
- Clifton District Centre - Friday 2 December, entertainment between 2 – 7pm, lights switched on at 4.45pm (in front of Wilkinsons store)
- Dales Ward – Tuesday 6 December, 2pm local school children singing songs and Santa, and then 5.30 – 6.30pm refreshments and St Christopher’s Church Choir, outside Sneinton Police Station
- Wollaton East – Thursday 1 December, 5pm at Lenton Abbey shops
- Wollaton West – Thursday 1 December, 6.30pm on Bramcote Lane
- Sherwood – Thursday 1 December, 3.30pm on Mansfield Road
- Sneinton – Saturday 10 December, 5.30pm on Sneinton Square
- St Ann’s – Friday 2 December, 4 – 7pm. Singing carols, Santa Claus and the Christmas tree switch on outside the Police Station will take place 4pm – 5pm